[Translators] schedule of next release (3.11.0)

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Wed Oct 15 23:49:39 CEST 2014

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:01:24 +0200
Holger Berndt <hb at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Mi, 15.10.2014 02:35, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
>
> >I don't suppose it would be possible to make use of something like
> ><http://translationproject.org/domain/iso_3166.html> here in the
> >future? I think country names in general have been translated quite
> >many times in all the software.
>
> I don't know if it's possible because I don't know much about
> translation infrastructure. I'm all for making things easy.

I believe something like

	printf("%s\n", dgettext("iso_3166", "Germany"));

should work.

Of course, this adds a dependency on a package providing the iso_3166
translation domain. On Debian, the package is called "iso-codes". This
package also includes a README file, describing how other such domains,
e.g. iso_639 for language names.

--
Andrej