[Translators] Hebrew Translation

fr33domlover fr33domlover at riseup.net
Sat Nov 29 16:42:26 CET 2014

Since I think most things have been cleared, this is a short reply just to
summarize. I could make a long reply like the previous ones, but it doesn't
lead anywhere anyway so here's a new approach.

I realize you want the verbs in the translation in command-style. I'm strongly
in favor of שמות פעולה instead of that, after trying both styles for years (I
think it clears out the imaginary human-computer "dialog" from the semantics
and leaves just the core of the meaning. But that's not important). Since at
least some people want it like that (even if just a few), it should be made
possible (software freedom). It has nothing to do with biblical style - it's
just one of the various ways to translate.

No single way is correct - as you can see here it's just a decision Gezer made:

http://wiki.hamakor.org.il/index.php/Gezer/כללי_התרגום_המלאים#.D7.90.D7.93.D7.95.D7.A0.D7.99.2C_.D7.90.D7.93.D7.95.D7.A0.D7.99.2C_.D7.9E.D7.94_.D7.A2.D7.9D_.D7.94.D7.9E.D7.99.D7.9F_.D7.94.D7.A9.D7.A0.D7.99.3F

Since you're a native speaker/writer just like me, I don't see a reason to
correct your choice of words and phrases (unless I find an unnoticed mistake),
but in my alternative PO I'll probably change some and if you like then, they
can be merged into Claws' he.po too.

Clearly no single style can be perfect for a multi platform application, just
like applications that try to look native everywhere end up not being
perfectly native in any platform. If the current style works for most Claws
users who use he_IL - great, let's keep it. I'm just adding an alternative
that is more consistent with GNOME, XFCE and LXDE.

I have no idea about Andr0id translations because I don't have any device
running it, and I have no idea whether the translators there are volunteers or
paid. With or without it, the "common" style depends on whether you take
proprietary OSs into account. On your list command-style is common because
most items are proprietary (or developed behind closed doors), while on my
list it's rare because I listed only free DEs and OSs. How important the
proprietary systems are for Claws developers - I have no idea. But if you
prefer command-style, so be it - you're the maintainer + nobody complained so
far.

My next message will hopefully have the PO attached... (will take a while
though, I didn't check the size yet)