[Translators] Hebrew Translation

fr33domlover fr33domlover at riseup.net
Sat Nov 29 07:56:34 CET 2014

Hello,

I've been using Claws Mail for a while, and at some point I upgraded to a
version that has Hebrew (he) localization. It's nice to have it, but I noticed
two problems:

1. The translation itself isn't very good imho (see below)
2. The folder tree doesn't change its layout in RTL locales, only its position.
   Maybe due to being customly writte?

If the developers have time for the second issue, I can help.

As to the first, here's the story. I suggested to make the Hebrew translation,
but I was told someone nicknamed GenghisKhan was already making one. When I
tried that translation, I noticed strange things. For example, "Compose" is
translated as "הלחנה" which means "compose music" and is not suitable for
"compose message".

Many examples like this exist there, so I decided to ask whether maybe the
translator's native language is not Hebrew. I was told he stands behind his
translation and that's fine - but I'd like to have a chance to propose my own
too.

Here's what I suggest: I will at some point (when a bit less busy) make a PO
file based on the current one, with my fixes, and send it here so GenghisKhan
can take a look and see if he likes it. If he does - perfect, we can merge the
changes. If not... well, at least tell me why :-)

I already translated various apps and websites (or parts of them) to Hebrew
(especially ones maintained under GNOME, but also others), so there's no
problem on the technical side. I just want to help keep a high level of Hebrew
translation :-)

(GenghisKhan - I don't in any way mean to offend. I just want to help improve
Claws and its translation. Let's work together on this.)

Does my suggestion make sense? If yes, I'll send my PO here when it's ready.

--
fr33domlover
PGP key ID: 63E5E57D