[Translators] Support for msgctxt

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Nov 13 13:53:42 CET 2012

Hello H,

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:50:21 -0200 H <hm at hm.net.br> wrote:

> On 13/11/2012 08:40, wwp wrote:
> > Hello H,

> >> looking at the big picture ...
> >>
> >> why would you change something without having any reasonable advantage?
> >>
> >> it cause unnecessary work, brings in the risk of failure, adaption time
> >> and who knows what else
> >>
> >> pod in any case is old and slow and time consumptive, still depends on
> >> compiling the files, user-unfriendly
> >>
> >> if it were a change to something modern and user-friendly, sqlite text
> >> libraries which could be added and changed in run-time, such a work
> >> would make sense
> >
> > For a short while I thought you were goring to suggest a XML format.
> > Sqlite text? Is that supposed to be edited by (human) hand?
> >

> Hi
> well, ok typo, sqlite _or_ text files I meant
> something what does not need to be compiled

Now I see what you mean, thanks. Thus my point is irrelevant.

> xml might be an alternative but IMO too much overhead (extra-text)

100% against, here. I saw XML coming at work and elsewhere, not a gain
for human brains like mine (but I understand there are other kinds).
But as I said, my point was based on a misunderstanding of your typo'ed
sentence. Don't bother!

Regards,

--
wwp