[Translators] Support for msgctxt

H hm at hm.net.br
Tue Nov 13 11:37:08 CET 2012

On 13/11/2012 08:22, Paul wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:57:41 +0100
> Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:
>
>> The files would contain:
>>
>> #: src/account.c:1537
>> msgctxt "Accounts List Get Column Name"
>> msgid "G"
>> msgstr ""
>>

>> Programatically, We'd just switch from Q_("context|string") to
>> C_("context", "string"), so the potential impact would be bigger
>> for translators than for developers.
>
> It seems a good idea to me and adds clarity, which is particularly
> useful for new translators.

looking at the big picture ...

why would you change something without having any reasonable advantage?

it cause unnecessary work, brings in the risk of failure, adaption time
and who knows what else

pod in any case is old and slow and time consumptive, still depends on
compiling the files, user-unfriendly

if it were a change to something modern and user-friendly, sqlite text
libraries which could be added and changed in run-time, such a work
would make sense

hans

+55 11 4249.2222