[Users] Wrapping

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 14:21:23 CEST 2019

On 10/06/19 13:32, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2019, at 12:27, John Crisp wrote:
>
>> Samsung Galaxy S9, K9 mail, no fancy stuff
>>

> What happens (I'm not being provocative, just curious) if you turn

I know - and I didn't want to be either. I am genuinely curious.

> the phone to get a landscape display?  I know that when I write
> SMSes on my phone the landscape display is far easier to use
> than the portrait one... but maybe  the email app doesn't
> support that?

Portrait

https://www.picpasteplus.com/view.php?i=aps49j848j44qpc47px4c4wf.jpg

Landscape

https://www.picpasteplus.com/view.php?i=apsp9pbphpj4f414ajxj1phb.jpg

Personally (and after all this is entirely subjective) I rarely ever use
landscape mode. I think that probably goes for most people using their
phones for reading text/messages from my own observations.

I tend to sit and flip through mails (and most readable material)
quickly in portrait mode.

I find the keyboard vs display/message box size is usually not very good
in landscape.

So the only time I really ever use landscape is to watch a bit of video,
play the occasional game etc. And read the odd web page that is not
responsive........