[Users] Misc questions about use on Windows

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Sun Sep 17 13:26:42 CEST 2017

I've been experimenting with Claws - claws-mail-3.15.0-1-32bit.exe  on a
W8.1 ('Home' not Pro/Ultimate/Enterprise etc system) on i7-3630QM, 8 GB
RAM
and have a few questions:

a) can I have black backgrounds on the various windows - folder list,
message
    list, message view?

b) is there a way to have all icons displayed larger?
    I wondered if this and (a) might somehow be controlled by the config
    details
    in:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Claws
    Mail\share\themes\MS-Windows\gtk-2.0

c) can I have different column layouts inside different folders?  I'd
particularly
     like not to see newsgroup names in the message list, but do want to
     see who
    a message was to/from in mail folders

d) I know I can double-click on a message in a message list, and will
get that
    message displayed in a new window.  But is there a way to have the
    message
   list (ie folder contents) itself displayed in a separate window from
   the folder
   list?   In my old mail client I could have several folders' message
   lists open in
   several separate windows at the same time.

e) why, when I select a newsgroup post, and click on the 'wastebin'
icon, does
    nothing happen?

f) when I subscribe to a newsgroup for the first time and fetch posts,
300 are
     fetched.   Where is that configured?   And is there a choice
     between fetching
     a number of posts versus all those that are up to nnn days/months
     old?

     If I accidentally delete some posts from a newsgroup, is there some
     way to
     ask Claws to refetch all the old posts from that newsgroup again?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.