[Users] Mailbox types changed from IMAP to POP

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Aug 30 18:47:29 CEST 2016

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:30:21 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:51:21 +0200, Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk>
> wrote:
>
> > you ran out of disk space, and Claws Mail
> > was unable to write out some of the config files. There's not much we
> > can do in this case - we could attempt to revert all the
> > unsuccessfully-written files to previously saved version, but in
> > situation with zero free disk space, even that operation is likely to
> > fail, either partially or completely.
>
> We don't do that, we write new configuration files separately, and if
> it worked, we rename them to overwrite the old ones.
>
> This shouldn't happen on disk full, as rename() *should* be atomic.

Yes, that is true, and it works well for individual files. But now we
have to consider all of them together. That means after a
config_version upgrade, we need to save them all, and if writing to any
of them fails, we have to revert that file, plus all of those already
written to - and not touch any of the yet-unwritten-to files. That
should still be atomic, but again, *should*.

Regards,
--
Andrej