[Users] Printing cut off

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Wed Jun 17 18:11:08 CEST 2015

> >Claws 3.11.1
> >
> >I have an odd printing problem. When I print a plain text email to
> >either of two printers or to a PDF, some lines are cut off on the
> >left (ie, I only see the ends of the lines, not the start). Doesn't
> >apply to all lines and, interesting, *doesn't* apply to print
> >preview.
> >
> >I'll try to illustrate. Here's some of the original text from a mail:
> >
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >We spend a large portion of our lives selling  selling our customers
> >that they ought to buy from us, selling our organizations on our
> >ideas, and, as parents, selling our kids to listen to us. Being a
> >bad salesperson is counter productive to leading a good life.
> >Selling involves influencing and moving people without any
> >authority. Nearly every job in the knowledge economy requires that
> >skill.
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >If I print to file, here's how the PDF for that paragraph looks:
> >
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >as
> >parents, selling our kids to listen to us. Being a bad salesperson
> >ng
> >ge
> >economy requires that skill.
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Any idea what's happening here?
> >
> >I'm happy to send the original mail and a PDF rendering of it to
> >anyone who feels they can help (PM me).
>
> I have a somewhat similar problem. The overall format of the printed
> document often has the bottom lines on a page cut off. The exact same
> email, when printed out using MS Outlook 2013 prints perfectly. I
> suppose I could supply a screen capture the next time I print such a
> document.

I've had that second problem (using CUPS on Linux). The problem was the
printer configuration. The borders were set bigger than the printer
could actually print. When I set the bottom border properly, the
problem went away.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.