[Users] Printing cut off

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Jun 17 18:05:40 CEST 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:34:50 +0100, Keith Edmunds stated:

>Claws 3.11.1
>
>I have an odd printing problem. When I print a plain text email to either
>of two printers or to a PDF, some lines are cut off on the left (ie, I
>only see the ends of the lines, not the start). Doesn't apply to all lines
>and, interesting, *doesn't* apply to print preview.
>
>I'll try to illustrate. Here's some of the original text from a mail:

>We spend a large portion of our lives selling  selling our customers that
>they ought to buy from us, selling our organizations on our ideas, and,
>as parents, selling our kids to listen to us. Being a bad salesperson
>is counter productive to leading a good life. Selling involves
>influencing and moving people without any authority. Nearly every job in
>the knowledge economy requires that skill.
>
>If I print to file, here's how the PDF for that paragraph looks:

>as
>parents, selling our kids to listen to us. Being a bad salesperson
>ng
>ge
>economy requires that skill.
>
>Any idea what's happening here?
>
>I'm happy to send the original mail and a PDF rendering of it to anyone
>who feels they can help (PM me).

I have a somewhat similar problem. The overall format of the printed document
often has the bottom lines on a page cut off. The exact same email, when
printed out using MS Outlook 2013 prints perfectly. I suppose I could supply a
screen capture the next time I print such a document.

--
Jerry