[Users] Bogofilter asking to be trained - again.

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Tue Apr 14 21:03:54 CEST 2015

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 12:57:56 -0400
Charles A Edwards <cae at eslrahc.com> wrote:

> > > It is possible that your ~./bogofilter/wordlist.db is or is
> > > becoming corrupted.
> > >
> > > Check that the perms on the file are not being changed, it should
> > > be rw- r-- r--
> > >
> > > You can use
> > > "bogoutil --db-verify=file" to verify the integrity of your
> > > wordlist.db
> > >
> > > If necessary you can try
> > > "bogoutil --db-recover=dir" to attempt to repair a broken
> > > wordlist.
> > >
> > > In a worst case scenario you may need to create a new wordlist.
> > >

> > db-verify says the file is encrypted or not a database. Dolphin
> > properties says the db type is "unknown". Having assumed "worst-case
> > scenario" and re-started with a new .bogofilter folder, a new
> > wordlist.db is said to be an SQLite3 database.
> >
> > (Tried db-recover but message said it was an invalid option.)
> >
> > Seems to be working OK now. Retraining going apace.  ;-)
>

> Glad you have got it it again.
>
> For future reference because you did not mention SQLite in your 1st
> post I mistakenly assumed you were, as I, using BerkeleyDB and the
> bogoutil commands I showed are only useful for BerkeleyDB Not SQLite
>
> Sorry about that.

I didn't mention SQLite because I didn't know what I was using; only
found out after the fix was in. I rarely take much notice these days of
what's going on under the hood.

Curious coincidence that I've had two lots of db trouble at the same
time, the other being with Gramps db being corrupted which, I've just
found out, uses Berkeley DB. So it really does seem to be a coincidence.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE Tumbleweed (64-bit); KDE 4.14.6; Kernel: 3.19.3