[Users] Bogofilter asking to be trained - again.

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Tue Apr 14 18:57:56 CEST 2015

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:58:06 +0100
Graham P Davis wrote:

> > > Why, after years of successful filtering, should it suddenly start
> > > throwing up this warning?
> >

> > It is possible that your ~./bogofilter/wordlist.db is or is becoming
> > corrupted.
> >
> > Check that the perms on the file are not being changed, it should be
> > rw- r-- r--
> >
> > You can use
> > "bogoutil --db-verify=file" to verify the integrity of your
> > wordlist.db
> >
> > If necessary you can try
> > "bogoutil --db-recover=dir" to attempt to repair a broken wordlist.
> >
> > In a worst case scenario you may need to create a new wordlist.
> >

> db-verify says the file is encrypted or not a database. Dolphin
> properties says the db type is "unknown". Having assumed "worst-case
> scenario" and re-started with a new .bogofilter folder, a new
> wordlist.db is said to be an SQLite3 database.
>
> (Tried db-recover but message said it was an invalid option.)
>
> Seems to be working OK now. Retraining going apace.  ;-)

Glad you have got it it again.

For future reference because you did not mention SQLite in your 1st post
I mistakenly assumed you were, as I, using BerkeleyDB and the
bogoutil commands I showed are only useful for BerkeleyDB Not SQLite

Sorry about that.

    Charles

--
Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable.
Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.