[Users] How to delete an unused 'Sent' folder in an IMAP (Gmail) account.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 21:51:53 CET 2014

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 09:17:28 -0600
Christian Dysthe <cdysthe at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the FAQ it says: "You can now delete the "Sent" folder as it no
> longer matters" but I can't for the life of me figure out how to
> delete that folder since the delete option is greyed out.

I imagine that you didn't do what it says on the line directly above
that one: "Right click "Sent Mail" and click Properties. Across from
"Folder Type" select "Outbox" and click Apply, OK."

Special folders cannot be deleted, so the folder you are trying to
delete is one of those special folders, (e.g. Outbox, Draft, Inbox,
etc).

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières