[Users] How to delete an unused 'Sent' folder in an IMAP (Gmail) account.

Christian Dysthe cdysthe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 22:54:41 CET 2014

On 02/02/2014 02:51 PM, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 09:17:28 -0600
> Christian Dysthe <cdysthe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the FAQ it says: "You can now delete the "Sent" folder as it no
>> longer matters" but I can't for the life of me figure out how to
>> delete that folder since the delete option is greyed out.
>
> I imagine that you didn't do what it says on the line directly above
> that one: "Right click "Sent Mail" and click Properties. Across from
> "Folder Type" select "Outbox" and click Apply, OK."

I did do that but I still wasn't able to delete it. I got a pop-up
saying the folder couldn't be deleted. So I am wondering if there's been
some changes to Claws since that hotwo was written preventing 'Sent' and
other special folders from deletion even after they have been remapped?

> Special folders cannot be deleted, so the folder you are trying to
> delete is one of those special folders, (e.g. Outbox, Draft, Inbox,
> etc).

Well, I got it deleted anyhow. I edited ~/.claws-mail/folderlist.xml and
removed the line for 'Sent'. That took care of it. The account still
works without problems and the 'Sent' folder is gone while the "Sent
Mail' now appears and works like 'Sent' did.

Thanks!

--
//Christian
Dropbox - Your stuff anywhere! - https://db.tt/U8MqkVR