[Users] Windows Version with LDAP over SSL/TLS

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Tue Apr 22 09:51:21 CEST 2014

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:29:39 +0200, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de>
wrote:

Hi,

> * The TLS checkbox is not available for Windows, though it is
> compiled with GnuTLS (which should provide both, SSL and TLS).
>   Oh, just took a look at the source... TLS depends on defined
> G_OS_UNIX. The comment is:
>   > Win32's ldap_start_tls_s() does not work, for some reason.
>   Is this a Windows problem or is the bundled GnuTLS broken?

I don't remember exactly. Debugging under Windows is a pain. It was
either crashing or silently failing.

> * SSL fails for unknown reason... The tooltip says to check
> ldap.conf. Where is this file expected to exist on Win32?

I would try C:\Program Files\GNU\Claws Mail\etc\ldap.conf or
C:\Program Files\GNU\Claws Mail\etc\openldap\ldap.conf

Use "TLS_REQCERT allow" to allow self-signed certificates or
unverifiable certificates.

--
Colin