[Users] Windows Version with LDAP over SSL/TLS

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue Apr 22 10:04:04 CEST 2014

Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> on Tue, 2014/04/22 09:51:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:29:39 +0200, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > * The TLS checkbox is not available for Windows, though it is
> > compiled with GnuTLS (which should provide both, SSL and TLS).
> >   Oh, just took a look at the source... TLS depends on defined
> > G_OS_UNIX. The comment is:
> >   > Win32's ldap_start_tls_s() does not work, for some reason.
> >   Is this a Windows problem or is the bundled GnuTLS broken?
>
> I don't remember exactly. Debugging under Windows is a pain. It was
> either crashing or silently failing.

Ah, ok...

> > * SSL fails for unknown reason... The tooltip says to check
> > ldap.conf. Where is this file expected to exist on Win32?
>
> I would try C:\Program Files\GNU\Claws Mail\etc\ldap.conf or
> C:\Program Files\GNU\Claws Mail\etc\openldap\ldap.conf
>
> Use "TLS_REQCERT allow" to allow self-signed certificates or
> unverifiable certificates.

Uh, someone moved my person object in the tree and I did not update the bind
DN after that. It basically works now, no need to create ldap.conf.
Though it crashes after autocompletion sometimes...
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)