[Users] inserting signature exactly where the cursor is placed (not at the bottom)?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Mar 6 19:08:42 CET 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 02:04:50 +0900 Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>When pressing ctrl+g, the signature is inserted at the very bottom of
>the email.
>
>Is it possible to change this behaviour so that the signature is
>inserted where cursor is place at the time of pressing ctrl+g?

If composing a new email, just do Ctrl+g first and type around it as
desired... :)

Seriously, there are some (me included) who use pale coloring for
signature display, so if you type something after the signature
(signature start indicated by "-- \r" (dash,dash,blank,newline)), it very
likely will be missed by such recipient. See

   Preferences->Display->Colors->Other->Signatures

Mine is set to #C0C0C0 which makes signatures just visible enough; but
clearly something I don't have to read unless I want to.  Links within
signatures have their normal coloring however.