[Users] vCalendar plug-in and SSL?

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Fri Feb 15 15:46:35 CET 2013

Am Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:49:51 -0500
schrieb James Seymour <jseymour at LinxNet.com>:

> Is vCalendar still in active development, or is it essentially
> abandonware?
>
> If the latter: I may choose to look at the code and see if I can fix
> it.  Or switch clients.  But I'll certainly stop pestering the mailing
> list with something nobody much cares about.
>
> Regards,
> Jim

I'm rather new to Claws Mail and in particular to the vCalendar plugin.
I've tested it so far under Linux and MS Windows. I can confirm that I
can access it via HTTPS (SSL) on my password protected Apache WebDAV
server. However, I have read-only (ro) access so far only.

Actually I've planed to open a new thread on this read-only "problem"
after having tested vCalendar in more detail. My plan is to share an
iCalendar (ICS) between Thunderbird/Lightning and Claws Mail/vCalendar.
While rw is working with Lightning the vCalendar plugin allows only ro
access. As documentation is rare I may have misunderstood the concept
of the vCalendar plugin.

Regards,
Peter