[Users] Can't write file

Carl E. Hartung carlh at cehartung.com
Sat Apr 6 17:21:45 CEST 2013

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:48:37 -0400
Hugh H. wrote:

> At or about 12:58 on Sat, 06 Apr 2013 "Colin Leroy
> is alleged to have written:
>
> >On 06 April 2013 at 09h46, Owen wrote:
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >> Generally permissions are a culprit with this problem.
> >>
> >> Can you confirm that where you expect your mail to be written, is
> >> in fact writable?
> >
> >Or filesystem full?
> >

> Plenty of space left:
>
> > hugh at PBL20:~$ df Legend
> > Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used Available Use% Mounted on
> > /dev/sda1      712873640 93358700 583303024  14% /
> > hugh at PBL20:~$

Hi Hugh,

I apologize in advance if you've already tried this:

- create a new Linux user
- log in as that new user (creates a 'pristine' default workspace)
- launch Claws Mail and exercise it enough to confirm it functions okay
- if it works okay, inspect & compare what it has written, where,
  against the 'problem' workspace

hth & regards,

Carl