[Users] ARGH! CM ignores offline mode

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Fri May 11 09:18:49 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Fri, 11 May 2012 01:00:52 +0200
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

> I also had to kill the link several times already (and always with wrong
> attachments), and intuitively, i always hit the 'offline' button. Then i
> realize: that won't work, but now i've already lost some seconds, and i
> jump for the network cable, in panic. Really, is that how a year 2012
> desktop is supposed to work, sending users into the cable salad behind
> the desk ?

Sure no, but hell, the machines and the network are faster and faster. Are
you going to improve your reaction day after day to always be fast enough
to click on the "fix my mistake" button ?

"Offline mode" is a way to work without claws initiating POP3/IMAP/...
fetchs, that's all. If you hit "Send" when connected, best is to think
twice... or maybe have some extra-new option that would say :
"When I say 'Send mail', I really mean 'Queue and send later so that I can
think twice'..."

Pierre, as the OP, would that be a valid option for you ?

Best,
Paul