[Users] ARGH! CM ignores offline mode

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Fri May 11 18:25:15 CEST 2012

On Fri, 11 May 2012 09:18:49 +0200 Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Fri, 11 May 2012 01:00:52 +0200
>Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> I also had to kill the link several times already (and always with
>> wrong attachments), and intuitively, i always hit the 'offline'
>> button. Then i realize: that won't work, but now i've already lost
>> some seconds, and i jump for the network cable, in panic. Really, is
>> that how a year 2012 desktop is supposed to work, sending users into
>> the cable salad behind the desk ?
>
>Sure no, but hell, the machines and the network are faster and faster.
>Are you going to improve your reaction day after day to always be fast
>enough to click on the "fix my mistake" button ?

Agreed...

There are times I need to censor something I want to forward (easy to do
in CM's text mode) but sometimes forget to remove the HTML version of the
same message which OutLook and others MUAs include...  :P

>"Offline mode" is a way to work without claws initiating POP3/IMAP/...
>fetchs, that's all. If you hit "Send" when connected, best is to think
>twice... or maybe have some extra-new option that would say :
>"When I say 'Send mail', I really mean 'Queue and send later so that I
>can think twice'..."
>
>Pierre, as the OP, would that be a valid option for you ?

As in: Configuration->Preferences->Sending->Confirm before sending queued
messages?   :)  At least, I think that does what you suggest...  but not
quite what I'd like:  a minor variation on that option which would
only ask for confirmation of queued messages with attachments:
   Confirm before sending queued messages with attachments

A bonus would list the attachments with remove options to avoid having to
move the message back to drafts, edit, remove, re-send...

>Best,
>Paul

Ditto,
Pierre