[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

Troy Vitullo info at troyvit.com
Wed Mar 28 17:30:42 CEST 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:56:53 +0200
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> > I've got CM checking mail from a POP server every five minutes with
> > a couple of hundred e-mails a day coming in - many of them with
> > attachments. I just don't see a freezing problem.
>
> To reproduce, you'd have to balance between a possibly high CPU load,
> network load (which can mean low bandwidth or high traffic) and
> improve your sensitivity to micro (or not) UI freezes. I'm glad for
> you that you can't ;-).
>
> What you can test: open a compose window right before a POP3 fetch is
> firing (and should download some stuff, not only chit-chat w/ server):
> press and hold a key, normally when the POP3 fetch is performing, you
> should notice that keypresses in compose window are more or less
> interrupted in compose window. If you're not then you're a lucky
> guy ;-).

If that's all the issue is, wouldn't it be resolved by choosing an external editor in preferences?

<rant>
My biggest problem with claws in a corporate environment (aside from gmail's suckiness) is that I'm literally the only dude in our 80 person company who doesn't send html emails. While I'm fine with that, sometimes my replies to their html-only stuff mangles what they said. Someday I'm going to set up a template that allows me to write/edit html emails in my external editor. It'll take me an hour to write an email but it'll be a blast making some truly ugly content. Maybe the blink tag works...
</>

Troy