[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Mar 28 15:56:53 CEST 2012

Hello Dan,

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:44:26 -0400 Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:19:57 +0530
> "J. Bakshi" <joydeep at infoservices.in ( জয়দীপ বকসী )> wrote:
>
> > At office I really don't have much time to allow it to complete it's
> > operations during frozen state. Thunderbird is a better choice at
> > office. And home I need to kill the CM when it doesn't come back from
> > its frozen state :-(
> >
> > If CM can fix those issues, it will be surely at the 1st position.
>
> I've been following this thread and I'm puzzled. I don't see these
> issues at all. Could it be related to the hardware and OS?
>
> I'm running CM on a Lenovo ThinkStation with a quadcore processor and
> 8GB of RAM. The OS is OpenSuse 12.1.
>
> I've got CM checking mail from a POP server every five minutes with a
> couple of hundred e-mails a day coming in - many of them with
> attachments. I just don't see a freezing problem.

To reproduce, you'd have to balance between a possibly high CPU load,
network load (which can mean low bandwidth or high traffic) and improve
your sensitivity to micro (or not) UI freezes. I'm glad for you that
you can't ;-).

What you can test: open a compose window right before a POP3 fetch is
firing (and should download some stuff, not only chit-chat w/ server):
press and hold a key, normally when the POP3 fetch is performing, you
should notice that keypresses in compose window are more or less
interrupted in compose window. If you're not then you're a lucky
guy ;-).

Regards,

--
wwp