[Users] Indent lines not displayed?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Feb 27 08:44:55 CET 2012

Hello Thomas,

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:13:20 -0800 Thomas Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi fellow clawskers;
> I noticed after switching to claws-mail 3.8.0 that the thread indent lines in
> the message pane are no longer displayed.  Was this feature removed?  It was
> working with 3.6 and 3.7 but not in 3.8.
>
> Being older and with poor eyesight, I find it hard to follow the order of
> or a separate new message with similar title).
>
> Is there a place within one of the configuration files where this could be
> changed?
>
> Otherwise I am quite happy with the remainder of CM.  Thanks to the developers!

You're not the only one who's been disturbed with this. Unfortunately,
there is option and this new behaviour has been introduced for some
GTK+ forward version compatibility (IIRC).

Here, to still get a visual indication of the thread structure, I set
the following lines in ~/.claws-mail/clawsrc (while CM was off):

  use_stripes_everywhere=1
  use_stripes_in_summaries=1
  stripes_color_offset=1500 (this one may not fit your wishes)

Regards,

--
wwp