[Users] Switching y and z in mimeview (patch)

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Mon Aug 27 18:59:09 CEST 2012

On 27 August 2012 at 09h16, Michael Gmelin wrote:

Hi,

> Since I didn't receive any feedback, so I implemented this in a simple
> fashion. This feature allows swapping of y and z in mimeview, which is
> useful on QWERTZ keyboards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ)
> to operate mime part navigation with the left hand (like users of
> QWERTY keyboards can do already). It does not modify the (y) and (z)
> menu labels in the mimeview context menu, as this would have broken
> existing translations/increased the size of the patch.

Sorry, Michael, I intended to reply to your first email, then forgot
totally.

Your patch will work for you (and for others too ! :) but I don't think
we'll want to include it, as it is too much specific.

What would be interesting would be for us developers to challenge this
existing (and summaryview's) switch-case block and see whether we could
do the same normally using the top-level menu accels, so that it's
easier for everyone to customize to their needs.

I don't see why a Message/Selected part/{Save, Open, Open with,...}
menu wouldn't work.
--
Colin