[Users] Claws crawls on KDE

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Sat Nov 26 17:11:57 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:34:47 +0000
Graham P Davis <newsboy at scarlet-jade.com> wrote:

> > I read a few weeks/months ago of similar behavior with claws running
> > the vcalendar plugin. I don't know if it's fixed, but if you're
> > running an earlier version of claws and/or vcalendar that might be
> > your problem. FWIW I run claws in both KDE and GNOME. It works
> > equally well in both.
> >
> > Troy
>

> Thanks, Troy, for that idea. I'm running the latest release of Claws,
> 3.7.10, but I'll try it with vcalendar disabled and see how it goes.

I've disabled vcalendar as you suggested and, so far, that seems to
have solved the problem. I admit that I'm at a bit of a loss to see why
a plug-in that I wasn't using (I need something a bit more like
Mozilla's Lightning) slowed everything down so much.

Anyway, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to work.

Thanks.

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: change boy to man
Teach evolution, not creationism: http://evolutionnotcreationism.org.uk/