[Users] Signing and encrypting mails

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 22:24:51 CET 2011

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:57:30 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:53:55 +0000
> Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hello Mike,
>
> > Signing and encrypting mails takes several mouse clicks using the
> > menu.  Is there any way to add a couple of buttons to the icon bar
> > so that a single click adds a signs or encrypts the mail?
>
> I've not tried it myself but it should be possible:
>
> Create an Action (configuration menu) of type "Shell command" to call
> a command; this may have to be a script of some sort to perform the
> actions you want.
>
> Then in Preferences, Toolbar, add a button of type "User Function",
> and select your Action.  Add an icon, and place in toolbar.

Thanks Brad, but what command do I use?  I would have thought that the
encryption/sign plugin would have an option to add an icon to the
toolbar.

It's not too onerous but I've just abandoned kmail because of its
memory hogging and slowness so I'm used to just having an button to
click. I can live with a menu drop down though.

Mike