[Users] GData plugin: contact limit not enough

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Thu Dec 29 14:03:45 CET 2011

On Mi, 28.12.2011 15:34, Steve Braun wrote:

>Why so? With google+ Google started to store all your google+ contact
>in the GMail contact list (but not in your main address book). Most of
>them don't have email addresses attached.

I think the first problem is that even though it doesn't make any sense
to receive contacts without attached email adresses for Claws Mail,
Google seems to lack a corresponding filter in its protocol and search
options. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about that.

>The debug output showed, that the plugin fetched 880 of my google+
>contacts and only 20 of my address book. With having more than 1000
>google+ contact, I never will get all my original GMail contacts.

The second problem is that the upper limit of 1000 is arbitrary, and
not really necessary. Fortunately, that's easy to fix.

>Raising the fetch limit would be the easiest solution, but in the end I
>don't want the email address of a google+ contact to show up as long as
>I did not move it to "my contacts" on purpose.
>
>So a real fix to this problem would be to only fetch the contacts that
>are marked as "my contacts".

I agree. In fact, not being an active Google+ user, I wasn't even aware
Google+ contacts are included.

Holger