[Users] GData plugin: contact limit not enough

Steve Braun sylpheed-claws-users at lists.evervoid.net
Wed Dec 28 15:34:29 CET 2011

Hi,

I didn't find the plugin on the Bug Tracker, so I'm sending this to the
list.

Recently I noticed that the GData plugin isn't working any longer as
expected. Only 20 of my more than 100 contacts where fetched and
cached. I checked the limit property, but it was set to max (1000).

After checking the debug output, I found out that this max limit of
1000 fetched contacts is no longer enough.

Why so? With google+ Google started to store all your google+ contact
in the GMail contact list (but not in your main address book). Most of
them don't have email addresses attached.

The debug output showed, that the plugin fetched 880 of my google+
contacts and only 20 of my address book. With having more than 1000
google+ contact, I never will get all my original GMail contacts.

Raising the fetch limit would be the easiest solution, but in the end I
don't want the email address of a google+ contact to show up as long as
I did not move it to "my contacts" on purpose.

So a real fix to this problem would be to only fetch the contacts that
are marked as "my contacts".

If I should open a bug report for this, please say so.

Cheers,
Steve