[Users] Reply with quote does not include the full message

Stéphane Goujet stephane.goujet at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 17 11:56:40 CET 2011

Le Sat, 17 Dec 2011 08:57:07 +0100,
Ingo Arndt <scachi at gmx.de> a écrit :

> > Ingo Arndt wrote:
> > > I really like Claws-Mail. Only one thing is driving me nuts.
> > > When replying to one specific friend with quote
> > > only a small part of the message is quoted, most is lost.
> I do not select or highlight anything, just replying.
> If I select the whole content of the mail an hit reply the full
> message is quoted.
> When I select a part of the message only the selected part is quoted.
> When I select nothing only the first part seems to be quoted.
> Is there an option in Claws-Mail that I may have to select to get the
> full message quoted ?

  It would not be an option about getting the full message quoted, but
about getting the selected mime-part(s) quoted. Because claws seems to
always quote the text part (only), which seems to be the right thing to
do, except when you get a broken text+html e-mail as the ones you get
from your friend.
  I (I am not a developper) do see any good automatic way to handle
this, because how can the program know whether the text part is
incomplete or not ? I do not know how other mailers deal with it
(perhaps they always reply to the html part of text+html messages). But
there could be an option about forcing to reply to the current selected
mime-part, I suppose. It would be a bit more automatic than doing a
"select all" before replying.
  Meanwhile, did you ask your friend if there was an option in his
webmail to send text-only messages ?

Goodbye,
  Stéphane.