[Translators] schedule of next release (3.11.0)

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Sat Oct 18 18:58:55 CEST 2014

2014-10-15, Andrej Kacian sanoi:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:01:24 +0200
> Holger Berndt <hb at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mi, 15.10.2014 02:35, Flammie Pirinen wrote:
> >
> > >I don't suppose it would be possible to make use of something like
> > ><http://translationproject.org/domain/iso_3166.html> here in the
> > >future? I think country names in general have been translated quite
> > >many times in all the software.
> >
> > I don't know if it's possible because I don't know much about
> > translation infrastructure. I'm all for making things easy.
>
> I believe something like
>
> 	printf("%s\n", dgettext("iso_3166", "Germany"));
>
> should work.
>
> Of course, this adds a dependency on a package providing the iso_3166
> translation domain.

Yeah, the good thing about gettext is that it's not a hard dependency,
people who don't have the package get the msgid's. I suppose
people are quite used to seeing partial translations like this as it
happens with outdated translations and missing gettext calls and so on
as well.

--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor + linguist master = computational
linguistics doctor, free software Finnish localiser,