[Users] Customising Claws - setting auto delete emails > 2 years

Bob Williams usenet at karmasailing.uk
Mon May 27 04:55:37 UTC 2024

On Sat, 25 May 2024 09:12:15 +0100
Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Sat, 25 May 2024 07:45:13 +0000 (UTC)
> jrjfreer--- via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> Hello jrjfreer---,
>
> >Action clicked on Define to move messages to 'Trash' and then i get a
> >message [screenshot_2] that it's not saved after pressing OK. So i am
> >not doing the steps properly somehow.
>
> You must "Add" your defined actions to the filter.  Same again with
> defined action and same again with the whole filter.
>
> I think you're working under the impression that clicking OK should do
> all that for you.  CM doesn't work that way.  Some people would like
> it to, I'm sure.
>
> I can see the pros and cons of both methods but prefer the current
> method where it requires the user to be pro-active in setting the
> actions.

Having to add each rule and action before saving makes sense, because
you may want more than one rule and/or action to apply. For example,
you can build a rule to select mail From a certain address and over a
certain age to be marked as read and moved to a different folder.
That's two rules and two actions in the filter.

It's not just a weird quirk of Claws-Mail.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
    No HTML please. Plain text preferred.