[Users] Customising Claws - setting auto delete emails > 2 years

jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 25 09:26:51 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:12:51 BST, Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:
 On Sat, 25 May 2024 07:45:13 +0000 (UTC)
jrjfreer--- via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

Hello jrjfreer---,

>Action clicked on Define to move messages to 'Trash' and then i get a
>message [screenshot_2] that it's not saved after pressing OK. So i am
>not doing the steps properly somehow.

You must "Add" your defined actions to the filter.  Same again with
defined action and same again with the whole filter.

I think you're working under the impression that clicking OK should do
all that for you.  CM doesn't work that way.  Some people would like it
to, I'm sure.

I can see the pros and cons of both methods but prefer the current
method where it requires the user to be pro-active in setting the
actions.
Ah thx Brad done it now. One has to add the Condition and Action together. But from what i can deduce it applies the filter to both Email accounts which i don't want. I will have to investigate further but got to go to work now.
thanksJames