[Users] Customising Claws - setting auto delete emails > 2 years

jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 25 07:45:13 UTC 2024

Be grateful for help on my final customisation with Claws.
I don't delete many emails but in the past have used an auto delete function for emails over 2 years old just to trim down all the excessive number than one doesn't look at again. I save important emails e.g. like house purchase to pdf and then save in a separate directory on hard disk. Not sure if that's the best way of doing things but that's what i have done for a few years.
In Claws one has to set up a filter in Pre-Processing [as i prefer to do the action when i first start an email client].
- select the email address header Configuration > Pre-Processing- screenshot_1 comes up so i have entered 'older730' as a filter name. For Condition clicked on define, selected messages and then age. Entered in 730 days.- below with Action clicked on Define to move messages to 'Trash' and then i get a message [screenshot_2] that it's not saved after pressing OK.
So i am not doing the steps properly somehow.
many thanksjames