[Users] Using Claws for yahoo [on IMAP]

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Wed May 15 14:01:03 UTC 2024

On Wed, 15 May 2024 14:34:28 +0100
James Freer via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2024 12:51:20 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 May 2024 12:37:25 +0000 (UTC)
> > jrjfreer--- via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
> >
> > > In OAuth2
> > > - authorisation
> > >             Select OAuth2 email service provider [Yahoo]
> > >             Client ID: jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
> > >             Authorisation: 16 digit app password entered
> > <snip>
> > > I would be grateful if someone could tell me where i have gone
> > > wrong. No messages downloaded.
> >

> > You went wrong by choosing oauth2 again. You can't use both an app
> > password and oauth2. Just use an app password, don't use oauth2.

DM: Hi, James. This is what I had attempted to communicate to you in
one of my previous posts, but perhaps I didn't do a very clear / good
job of it. 🙂️ Also, kudos to you for the level of detail you provided
finally -- it definitely takes more time and effort, but sometimes
that's your best bet for an efficient and effective solution.

> My only problem now is to get an app password for Gmail.

DM: I haven't tried doing this yet myself, but I think someone recently
posted that you need to have 2FA enabled for Gmail. In any case, I'm
guessing the process is somewhat similar to Yahoo's -- finding Google's
instructions (maybe already posted by someone in one of your other
threads?), following it and then setting up Claws to match, etc. Hope
you get it figured out. Cheers, ---Dustin