[Users] Yahoo and Claws ( Sending this again ( 3RD ATTEMPT), for some reason it didnt come through to the list )

jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 14 13:45:49 UTC 2024

 On Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 14:09:26 BST, Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2024 13:36:33 +0100
James Freer via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

<snip>
>That is exactly what i am trying to divulge! I have read that yahoo does
>not recognise IMAP and i have read that one has to use POP. That's
>nonsense if i can access Yahoo in Evolution and Thunderbird why not in
>Claws. I agree with what you have said about authentication - when using
>  Evolution and Thunderbird one gets the Yahoo or Gmail login window and
>one puts the password... then all good on the email client which
>downloads all messages.
>
>It would seem that Claws developers expect users to put in a manual
>authentication which i am unsure of what to do. Let's hope they post
>shortly and correct us.

I think you'll need to setup an app password and then use that in
Claws. See:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html

As suggested earlier this can be done with Gmail too (2FA needs to be
enabled at Gmail). Which has been working fine for me rather than
trying to sort out Gmail's ever changing Oauth setup...

--
Leon
Claws 4.2.0, Debian

Hi Leon

Thx for the msg so what app does one use. What you've said makes sense with Oauth but i have found with Gmail it has worked fine for me.

james