[Users] Setting up Claws-Mail for Yahoo and Gmail

James Freer jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 14 04:39:23 UTC 2024

[Using MX Linux]

I am trying to set up Claws-Mail for Yahoo and Gmail and it does not
seem to download messages.

My imap and smtp settings are correct. My guess is the authentication is
not set correct and i would be grateful for help.

In the past i have used Evolution and Thunderbird and they have worked
fine. The problem with Evolution is that a dependency is missing with my
last system update. Thunderbird latest version i don't like so wanted to
try Claws.

A google showed several posts that claimed Claws does not work with
Yahoo on imap but does on pop. Didn't find anything regarding Gmail so
don't believe that. Hence my post for advice.

Many thanks
james