[Users] Font issues

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Mar 19 05:04:58 UTC 2024

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:51:58 -0000 Paul wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:56:35 -0400
>Pierre Fortin via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> Right... so that checkbox means: use the same font (Sans Regular); but
>> select the small or bold as required. So how could both bold & small
>> display as small (no bold)?  I don't understand how changes to system
>> fonts could have triggered whatever is going when CM explicitly defines
>> its own fonts...  :?
>
>Probably a problem with your installed fonts. Try changing the Claws Mail
>font settings to use different fonts. (The same fonts as you use cause no
>such problem here.)

I was adjusting System Fonts (KDE), which after testing, it appears that
none of the System fonts affect CM's fonts except for its Title bar.

Tried randomly picked fonts:
Arial Narrow
Arial Italic
Liberation Sans Regular
Microsoft Sans Serif Regular
Monospace Regular
MS UI Gothic Regular
Nimbus Mono PS Regular
Nimbus Sans Regular
Noto Sans Condensed
OpenSymbol Regular
to no avail...

Removed clawsrc and restarted.
The problem persists with a new/default clawsrc.

Is the folder font totally dynamic? i.e., based on something like:
  Unread = bold
  New = bold + color
  Unread+New = bold + color
or is there a semaphore(s) involved?

I'm puzzled how the current behavior could have switched to:
  Unread = small
  New = small + color *
  Unread+New = small + color *
On restart:
  Unread (no New) = small white font
Enter this folder = still small white font
Exit this folder = small black font (no return to white)

* Config: Prefs: Colors: Other: Folder containing new messages

With no Unread or New, font is normal/color from folder properties;
clicking a message's S column (Mark Read/Unread) toggles the font size.

Not sure what else to check for a clue...

Cheers