[Users] systray icons on Mageia linux Wayland

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Mar 13 16:57:41 UTC 2024

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:31:05 +0000
Brian Morrison via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 08:47:15 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > I'll stick with X11, for me it works better than wayland.
>
> Fesco has approved dropping support X11 sessions in Fedora 41.

Correction. Dropping support for X11 sessions by default in Fedora 41.

At some point in the future RHEL is intending to remove X.Org with the
release of RHEL 10. Maybe by then the remaining things that don't work
in Wayland will have been fixed.

Other distros are likely to go this way too, so to retain X11 support
it may be a case of learning to roll your own.

--

Brian Morrison