[Users] systray icons on Mageia linux Wayland

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Mar 11 17:29:38 UTC 2024

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:53:16 +0100 Paul Rolland wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:21:47 -0400
>Pierre Fortin via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> Worth a look, but:   Enabled  localhost  port 13666
>
>You can probably disable it to avoid the connect error, unless you have
>some LCD stuff, but I doubt since you installed the packages after ;)

I rely on the icons, so this is an issue for me. Heck, if CM had an icon
for each account, I'd use that...  :)

>Anyway, have you checked that the System Tray settings of Plasma are
>allowing the Notification icon to be visible ?
>You can select between:
> - Always Shown
> - Shown when relevant
> - Always Hidden
> - Disabled.

Thanks for that clue; but only the currently connected entries are in the
list; CM is not, so until it connects, no way to change its settings.

>Maybe switching from X11 to Wayland changed some settings in your env (or
>you did a full re-install and need to do some re-configuration) ?

The only thing I did was ensure Wayland was installed, rebooted rather
than risk some X11 stuff hanging around and logged in via Wayland
instead of X11; nothing else. CM displays icon on X11, not on Wayland.

None of the search results for:
    kde wayland systray missing app icon
have given up a working solution yet.

>Regards,