[Users] Folder scroll position at folder entry

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 07:34:17 UTC 2024

On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:22:49 +0300
Vilius Panevėžys <vilius at elitnet.lt> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 10:47:14 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > Maybe try to look outside of Claws Mail for what is similar or the
> > same on your and Vilius' systems. Maybe GTK theme, desktop manager,
> > window manger, who knows?
>
> I use Debian stable and XFCE from the main repo, currently 4.18. So
> it is the standard setup - lightdm, xfwm. And I'm not in the habit of
> tweaking the UI much: I drop the bottom panel and customise the top
> one and that's about it. I briefly experimented with GTK themes after
> upgrade to CM 4 due to low contrast in message and folder lists, but
> went back to the default and got used to it eventually. So I'm
> struggling to come up with anything that would be quite unique about
> the system.

DM: Hi, Vilius. In my experience (w/ the GTK3 version of Claws), a
default fresh install can also have problems. I experienced this when I
moved from using Linux Mint Debian 5 to 6. As I result, I spent a fair
amount of time trying out different themes until I found one that
resolved the issue without causing other issues. But bottom-line, I'm
guessing that your issue is not one where there is an advantage to
having a 'default' and/or 'non-unique' system. ---Dustin