[Users] Claws lost my accounts upon -9 kill

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 02:02:40 UTC 2024

On Sat, 15 Jun 2024 19:32:04 +0000
nteodosio at posteo.de wrote:

> My computer shut down due to lack of power ...
>
> The GUI also reverted to what it looks like the default state.
>
> If someone already had such experience and knows the smoothest way to
> get things recovered to the previous state, I'm glad to hear. ...

DM: From your description, I couldn't tell whether you are already
doing this, but my approach is to make frequent backups of my Claws
data. (For me, it's just the config directory and message directory(s),
but I think depending on what plugins are used, there may be one or
more other locations that would be good to back up.) Then, if something
like this happens, I can just restore some/all of the latest backup I
did. If you haven't been making backups that you can use like this,
then probably you just need to use the same approach you already did
with accountrc, see if the other config files have automatic backups
made, and then restore those in order to get your user-made settings
changes back. If that can't be done, then I guess you would just need
to re-do your settings changes to get it like you want. HTH, ---Dustin