[Users] Processing rule includes mark_as_read but not working

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Fri Jun 7 10:51:58 UTC 2024

On Fri, 7 Jun 2024 11:10:07 +0100
Bob Williams <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:

> I have a processing rule for my Inbox which has the following Action:
>
> mark_as_read move "#mh/Archive/inbox"
>
> The Condition for this rule is all messages over a certain age, and the
> moving to the new folder works as expected, but the moved messages are
> unread in the new folder.
>
> What have I missed?

It's hard to say what you've missed based on what you've said, but you've
missed something as it works fine.

Try turning on the processing log (/Configuration/Preferences/Other/Logging)
and turn on all Processing related options.

Then inspect /Tools/Filtering Log, and your answer should be revealed.

with regards

Paul