[Users] How to report a bug related to threads

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Wed Jun 5 11:45:36 UTC 2024

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 08:27:50 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 09:34:56 +0200
> "Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:
>
> > I just got an email to the mailing list, that is not related to any thread
> > it's not a reply, but it's nested inside a thread.
> >
> > What should I include with a bug report?
>
> It's unlikely to be a bug.
>
> The message almost certainly must wrongly have a References header through
> which it gets threaded.
>
> You can inspect the message headers yourself to check this.

I just noticed you meant a message sent to this list. In which case you must
mean the one "Subject: [Users] litehtml plugin - changing text color from
blach to white" and "Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2024 18:14:16 +0200".

This is a case of the sender hitting the Reply button and then changing the
Subject. If you want to use this way of a creating a new message
then you must also use /Options/Remove References.

with regards

Paul