[Users] Microsoft Live (hotmail) oauth2 authentication always fails

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 08:57:32 UTC 2024

> I was writing this when you wrote... 🙂
> Finally I got it!

Hi Ettore,

Really good news you've got this working. Yes, the documents have
probably fallen behind the new versions that use the listener.
Interesting that you found having the Azure session already logged in
was important - maybe I've always done that without realising it is
important.

> ...gmail worked pasting code from URL in 4.0...

The authorisation will carry over between versions - once you have the
oauth2 refresh token you can have very long periods with gmail before
you need to reauthorise. So I can understand the issue that copy/paste
the code that you'd found worked previously then didn't work any more.

Best wishes, David.