[Users] Microsoft Live (hotmail) oauth2 authentication always fails

Ettore Tagarelli tagahect at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 19:45:59 UTC 2024

David:
I deleted the precedent app created and I started from the beginning.
Used different browser, no private browsing, no VPN

these are the permission I obtained:
IMAP.AccessAsUser.All
Mail.ReadWrite
Mail.Send
offline_access
POP.AccessAsUser.All
SMTP.Send
User.Read

these are the URIs configured:
https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/nativeclient
http://127.0.0.1:8888

copied link from Claws.mail oauth2 configuration window, pasted it in
browser and this is the URL I got with code (I obfuscated) inside:
https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/nativeclient#code=XXXXXXXX..
..

tried pasting with full URL and only code but log is always the same:
* OAuth2 missing authentication code

this is the log if I try to read mailbox (pop3 connection)
* OAuth2 trying for fresh access token with auth code
* OAuth2 missing authentication code
* OAuth2 access token not obtained

Hope you can help me