[Users] claws-mail with OAuth2 IMAP O365

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Jan 11 16:00:08 UTC 2024

Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:30:28 +0100 "Philippe Cara (TB)" <philippe.cara at vub.be>:

> So please, is there anyone who got claws working with OAuth2 and IMAP in
>   O365? Is there a way to configure claws as to make O365 believe that I
> use Thunderbird? Alternatively I could forward all my work e-mail to a
> gmail account. Has anyone been successful at using claws with gmail
> IMAP? I believe one also has to do it via OAuth2 nowadays.

Gmail works by following the wiki instructions.

O365 needs assistance from IT administrators, which need to allow http://127.0.0.1:8888 as redirect URL. It is possible to use the Thunderbird client_id in the OAuth2 settings window. But this alone will not help because O365 may allow only https://localhost as redirect URL. As a consequence you must tweak claws.git/src/oauth2.c and adjust the listening port from "8888" to "443", and adjust the redirect_url to "https://localhost".

Good luck.

Olaf