[Users] Can't move a directory from one MH-mailbox to another MH-mailbox

Dieter Rohlfing dr-erc at gmx.net
Fri Feb 2 10:26:54 UTC 2024

Sorry for my late response, I've been very busy during the last days.

Am Wed, 24 Jan 2024 20:18:15 -0000
schrieb Paul <paul at claws-mail.org>:

>Create folders in the other mailbox and then move the messages.

Uff, there are hundreds of directories and sub-directories to move.

>Or just do it on the file system, e.g. using `cp ... ...`.

Okay, I've quitted Claws-Mail, copied test-wise one directory to a new
location in another MH-mailbox, started Claws-Mail again and clicked
"Check all folders for new messages", but Claws-Mail didn't detect the
new directory in the other MH-mailbox.

In ~/.claws-mail there's a file folderitemrc, which contains meta data
about each folder in a MH-mailbox. Even after inserting a new entry for
the new directory (copied the old one with updated folder location)
Claws-Mail was not able to detect the new folder/directory.

Final result: your proposal does not work or do I miss anything?

Any ideas for avoiding the manual mass moving of hundreds of folders?