[Users] Google/Gmail App Password Auto-Input

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Wed Sep 20 09:23:25 UTC 2023

În data de Wed, 13 Sep 2023 13:19:20 -0400, slitt at troubleshooters.com a scris:

> I configured Claws-Mail to require my password once when Claws-Mail
> starts up, and then to keep that password in memory as long as
> Claws-Mail is open.

That's fine when keeping Claws Mail open, but I think I am in the same boat as Lucus Bauder: is there a way to store in whatever form and at least for a few days the Google Mail password even when closing/reopening CM ? Personally I never keep a program open when I no longer use it, so I close CM after reading or whatever mail handling, then if I need mail again after 2-3 hours I open CM again etc.

I have a GM account as a secondary (sort of) mail account and because of the password hassle I only check GM once a week, at best :) Now, if I want to login to GM via CM, I need to open a browser, login to GM, then do some account copy/paste/never remember what exactly to gain access via CM. I don't use two factor on GM live account login. Few hours later (or perhaps the next day ?) CM no longer can access the GM account, so I need again to open a browser etc.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro