[Users] Some Messages Not Being Filtered

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 07:16:38 UTC 2023

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:08:53 +0800
Chris Schrauben via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 17:25:56 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 18:40:04 +0800
> > Chris Schrauben via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I is my understanding that
> > > Bogofilter works on the messages after Claws Mail filters.
> >
> > The opposite is  true (and no doubt the source of your confusion),
> > the bogofilter plugin works /before/ the filtering.
> >

> Now I have to rethink how I do this. <grin>

I first thought about turning off bogofilter by unchecking "Processing
messages on receiving" and setting up a filter with 'test "bogofilter
-u < %F'; 'move "#mh/ClawsMail/inbox/Spam"' This filter would replace
my next to last "spam", the last filter would act on any messages
that made it through, 'move "#mh/ClawsMail/inbox/Spam-Unsure"

This is how I resolved this to I think a better way. Rather than
turn off bogofilter, keep it enabled and uncheck "When unsure, move
to", this eliminates the need for the above spam filter as bogofilter
will do this. The last filter will act on any messages that make it to
this point. 'move "#mh/ClawsMail/inbox/Spam-Unsure"'

Question. Does "Learn as Spam" and "Learn as Ham" accomplish the
"bogofilter -Ns -B %F" and "bogofilter -Sn -B %F" functions for
bogofilter as long as the bogofilter plug-in is loaded regardless of
the "Processing messages on receiving" setting?

Thanks Chris